Martin is a freelance journalist based in London. He works for The Guardian, and also writes for Private Eye, The Independent, The Sunday Times, and others.
His stories include:
- A Guardian front page investigation which exposed politicians’ links to tax havens. It also revealed calls by the Tory party treasurer to make Britain’s tax laws more like the Cayman Islands.
- Revealing how National Lottery grants are being handed to anti-gay Christian extremists (Guardian)
- An Islamic group investigated by university authorities over gender segregation (Guardian)
- A series of articles for Private Eye exposing the failings of the Care Quality Commission over the Winterbourne View care home scandal.
- How the repressive Bahraini royal family is funding Sandhurst military academy with millions of pounds – a story for The Sunday Times
- Work on a BBC Newsnight investigation into military charities
Martin won The Guardian’s Scott Trust bursary in 2011 and completed an MA in Newspaper Journalism at City University in 2012. He has worked as a reporter and a content coordinator for The Guardian and writes investigative news stories for a range of publications.
He graduated from the University of York in 2010, with a 2:1 in History and Politics. He was the editor of York Vision student newspaper, and was shortlisted twice for both ‘Guardian Student Reporter’ and ‘Guardian Student Newspaper of the Year’.
Please get in touch for any commissions or potential work opportunities.