Martin is a freelance investigative journalist based in London. He writes for the Guardian, Private Eye and other national newspapers.
His stories include:
- A Guardian front page investigation which exposed politicians’ links to tax havens. It also revealed calls by the Tory party treasurer to make Britain more like a tax haven.
- Revealing how National Lottery grants are being handed to anti-gay Christian extremists
- An Islamic group investigated by university authorities over gender segregation
- A series of articles for Private Eye exposing the failings of the Care Quality Commission over the Winterbourne View care home scandal.
- How the repressive Bahraini royal family is funding Sandhurst military academy with millions of pounds.
- Work on a BBC Newsnight investigation into military charities
- How 90% of government apprentices are ditched after their placements.
- Lee Rigby murder live blog (Guardian).
- Politics and society stories for Private Eye.
Martin won The Guardian’s Scott Trust bursary in 2011 and completed an MA in Newspaper Journalism at City University in 2012. He has worked as a reporter for The Guardian and writes investigative news stories for a range of publications.
He graduated from the University of York in 2010, with a 2:1 in History and Politics. He was the editor of York Vision student newspaper, and was shortlisted twice for both ‘Guardian Student Reporter’ and ‘Guardian Student Newspaper of the Year’.
Please get in touch for any commissions or potential work opportunities.